Business Development Manager - Fenestration Industry
Location: London & Home Counties
Salary: to £45,000 plus attractive benefits and generous commission package
Business Development Manager -
We are a well-respected, Multinational Aluminium profile supplier, providing system solutions for Windows, Doors and Facades. Due to significant growth plans, we are employing an experienced Business development manager. Reporting to the National Commercial Manager, this is an opportunity to expand and grow a very profitable area. This position will be responsible for managing the sales process from specification to fabrication. We invite applications from experienced business development professionals ideally with significant experience in the fenestration industry.
Business Development Manager
- To represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- To maximise turnover and profit to agreed budgets.
- To improve project conversion and grow existing and new accounts by;
- Early project involvement and close cooperation with the relevant APM.
- Monthly Project Pipeline meetings.
- Creation and maintenance of development plans with key accounts.
- Overall development of the customer base.
- Executive logical and effective journey plans whenever possible.
- Ensure customer manuals and price lists are kept up to date.
- Programme training for new and existing customers on product, manufacturing, estimating and installation, in conjunction with the Training Department.
- Submit weekly and monthly reports to NCM on agreed dates.
- To keep up-to-date with project enquiries.
- Keep up to date with company products, market trends and competitors at all times, supplying information requested by management within timescales given.
- To ensure that the individual keeps CPS up to date on a daily basis ensuring that both call plans & visit reports are registered in a timely manner.
- Educated to at least GCSE Level standard.
- Ability to meet goals and show no fear of competition.
- Able to create obligation from customers through sales techniques.
- Have a good understanding of finance and bookkeeping disciplines.
- Have a high level of sales skills and be able to identify new business opportunities for the company.
- Sell new products when launched by developing strategies to fit individual regions and bring results.
- Able to confront and deal with problems by involving the relevant personnel at Milton Keynes.
- Ability to build close relationships with key customers.
- High level operational skills and the ability to demonstrate to potential customers.
- High level IT skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint (as BDM forecasting is generated and kept \'live\' on a rolling Excel spreadsheet. This spreadsheet must be wholly accurate and up-to-date at all times as information may be called for by the NCM or Commercial Director at short notice).
- Relevant experience in the fenestration field essential.
- Good knowledge of the construction field.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of competition within area/region.
- Technical understanding of commercial systems.
- Lives on patch.
- Full, clean UK driving licence, with in-date photo card.
When applying for this role, please indicate your current salary (plus benefits package), minimum salary required, notice period and your reasons for wishing to move from your current company. Alliance Consulting is acting as an employment agency in this respect. Alliance Consulting specialise in the placement of engineers throughout the UK. By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database and/or in manual files for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us submitting your CV to our client. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us. Equally, if there are any companies that you do not wish your CV to be sent to (for whatever reason), then please let us know of this when you apply.