Salary: £28,000 to £32,000 plus excellent benefits
We are a globally respected, high value/low volume original equipment manufacturer in Hertfordshire continuing to enjoy rapid growth. We now have a requirement in our Operations Team for an experienced Buyer. The successful candidate should have worked previously in a similiar engineering/manufacturing environment and have experience or working ideally with SAP or another MRP system.
- Managing the supply chain to ensure quotes and product receipts are achieved within the desired time frame to allow production to meet agreed shipping targets.
- Ensuring that the correct material is available in terms of quality, quantity, time, price and place.
- Managing daily tactical procurement process from purchase requisition validation, purchase order management up to arrival of goods in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders and advising when updates to the master data are required
- Acts as liaison between purchasing and interfacing organisations to plan, coordinate and implement strategies for all supply chain activities related to fulfilling production requirements.
- Manages inventory to a specified inventory plan to support the production schedule to meet the business key performance indicators.
- Ensures feedback occurs through tiered accountability on material shortages.
- Demonstrates an active commitment to continuous improvement in the areas of safety, quality, cost, delivery and lead time.
- Responsible for invoice issue resolution.
- Maintain material requirements plan to support Operations master schedule, create and release purchase orders to support and prioritise business requirements.
- Develop supplier capacity and productions plans that meet business needs.
- Identify and communicate supplier capacity overloads and work with Operations team.
- Develop and maintain Internal and intercompany performance detail.
- Analyse material capacity and set production schedules to optimize output.
- Co-ordinate with Sourcing Engineer to ensure supplier plans & capacity are aligned with internal production plans.
When applying for this role, please indicate your current salary (plus benefits package), minimum salary required, notice period and your reasons for wishing to move from your current company. Alliance Consulting is acting as an employment agency in this respect. Alliance Consulting specialise in the placement of engineers throughout the UK. By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database and/or in manual files for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us submitting your CV to our client. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us. Equally, if there are any companies that you do not wish your CV to be sent to (for whatever reason), then please let us know of this when you apply.