Please see below the details for both roles:
The role of the CMM Programmer is responsible for:
- Perform First Article Inspection (FAI) and report conformance to customer requirements (blue print + specifications).
- Assist Engineering to establish corrective actions when required
- Perform calibration in accordance with company standard operating procedures (SOP) and industry specification.
- Set up Electronic gauging programs.
- Perform any specific measurement required by the business.
- Responsible to select the most efficient measurement methods.
- To be flexible to carry out any other duties required in line with business needs
Previous experience of Mitutoyo- MCOSMOS Geopak/Geowin Software or similar would be advantageous.
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to interpret Castings Engineering drawings
- Knowledge of JES160/JES140/ASMY15.5 and AS9102.
- IT literate in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Unigraphics.
- Competent in the use of COSMOS CMM Inspection software.
- Measurement of Investment castings (Aerospace & IGT components).
- Knowledge of Wilcox PCDmis.
- Familiar with the basics of calibration.
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering. (Desirable)
Trainee CMM Role:Responsibilities and duties include:
- Perform First Article Inspection, producing accurate dimensional assessment to customer requirements, within scheduled delivery times.
- Calibration of measurement equipment.
- Detection of non-conformances, and subsequent corrective action in combination with our team of Manufacturing Engineers.
- Production CMM programming.
- Programming Electronic Production Gauging
- Working with Production and Engineering departments to affect process improvements where opportunities have been identified.
- Measurement System Analysis
- Flexibility to carry out any other duties required in line with business needs
Desirable Skills and Attributes:
- Detail oriented, with a methodical and patient approach
- Able to work as part of a team, or alone if required
- Effective communication both orally and written
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
- CMM programming using Mitutoyo Mcosmos & PCDmis
- Experience of casting measurement also an advantage
- Fully competent in the use of MS office, particularly Excel.
Training will be provided where required.
If either of the above are of interest please advise and I can call you to discuss further.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.