COMMERCIAL MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT
£30,000-£45,000 + Bonus + Benefits
This position is a standalone Finance role, working closely with the Plant General Manager & Technical Colleagues, and reports to the Financial Controller who is located remotely.
The position will involve:
- Forecasting and reporting on costs across the site, including standard costs, overheads, and operating costs.
- Performing variance analysis to identify and interrogate discrepancies.
- Liaising on a daily basis with general management and technical colleagues in order to drive efficiencies, using financial data as justification.
- Producing standard month-end & year-end periodic reports, for review by finance colleagues located in a UK Shared Service Centre.
- Having input in the optimisation of a new ERP system; QAD (previously MFG/Pro).
This opportunity is ideal for a Qualified Accountant, who has experience in a business facing role, to continue their professional development in friendly yet rewarding environment.
To be successful in this position you will:
- Be able to demonstrate excellent management accounting abilities, particularly cost accounting and forecasting.
- Have worked in a manufacturing or engineering type environment, which may include the automotive or aerospace sectors.
- Be capable of communicating complex financial information to non-finance colleagues, in order to justify points effectively.
- Think and act independently, with limited oversight from more senior finance colleagues.
- Possess a full ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualification.
Our client is a subsidiary of a global manufacturing corporation. They now seek a dynamic & commercially minded Accountant or Finance Manager. The business is easily commutable from along the M1 from the north or south, and the M69/M6 from Birmingham and Warwickshire.
How to Apply
To apply, please do so online, attaching a copy of your CV and details of your current remuneration.