- Company : TENCATE Advanced Armour
- Localisation : Vienne - France - Rhône-Alpes
- Position : Commercial Manager Aerospace
- Type of Contract : Permanent contract
- Date of publication : 2017-07-27
TenCate Advanced Armour is an experienced strategic global supplier of lightweight survivability solutions for personal, land systems, naval systems and aerospace systems with facilities in France, Denmark, US and offices in UK, Netherlands, and Singapore.
In order to reduce dependency on defense budgets, TenCate Advanced Armour is developing a composite market manufacturing in an Aerospace EN9100 approved facility in France the focus will be on the further development of the Aerospace composite market.
To support ambitious business growth objectives of TenCate Advanced Armour Group we are recruiting for a:
Commercial Manager Aerospace Composites
In your role as Commercial Manager you will identify sales opportunities in markets for fiber reinforced composites and manage projects to develop the concepts to sell into these markets to create sustainable business in targeted market segments (mainly Aerospace but also others e.g. Automotive Sports & Leisure). Successful execution will lead to realisation of new business at new and existing customers.
The role requires excellent commercial skills and we are looking for an experienced Commercial Manager with a hunter mentality and with the ability to close deals. Having an extensive external network in the aerospace and composites field is required. Experience in the military aerospace business is a plus.
As Commercial Manager, You Are Expected To
• Define a strategic commercial plan in close collaboration with the Aerospace team with a wide variety of customers in TenCate’s Composites, based on information of customers, marketing- and industry managers, your own network and experience as well as TenCate’s sales force. The Commercial Manager is accountable for top line business growth.
• Lead and contribute to cross functional teams and ensure the professional execution of the agreed business development plan.
• A key attribute is the ability to meet customer requirements and needs.
• Develop contacts and build relationships with targeted customers and down through the value chain.
• Prepare and close sales contracts with partners and coordinate actions to minimize overdue, bad debts and days of sales outstanding.
• Monitor and report to the relevant internal stakeholders about competitive and customer technical developments, new applications and new products.
• Keep all internal stakeholders informed to ensure optimal overall business performance to the customers.
• Develop a marketing plan and marketing campaign to support new product launches.
The Ideal Profile
Sales savvy person who sets directions and priorities developing a global/regional/local sales plan and provides guidance on translating global strategy into regional/local strategy
Positive entrepreneurial professional who continuously seeks improvement opportunities and actively contributes to develop a sustainable business
A people developer who inspires, motivates and challenges the teams and acts as a strong coach and mentor and fosters a constructive feedback culture (role model)
Energetic driver who pushes himself/herself and her/his team to deliver ambitious results, is perseverant, well organized, and also communicates convincingly internally and externally
Integrative business leader who displays strong business acumen too strategically develop and manage his/her Region and orchestrates other functions with adequate sense of urgency to deliver full value to customers
Required Level of Expertise
• University degree in a commercial or technical area with proven affinity for business
• Preferably you have 10+ years’ experience in a comparable business position.
• Strong network in Aerospace and composite related industries and technical understanding is a plus.
• Successful record of accomplishment in project management, including commercial-budgetary control.
• Experience of the business dynamics and with business models.
• Preferably experience with Business Development to introduce high performing solutions.
You are willing to travel 30%-50% of your time. The position is based in France, but the geographical area is mainly EMEA region but with extension to a global region.
CV + cover letter in French and English
- Start date : 15/09/2017
- Term :
- Experience Required : More than 10 years
- Salary :
- References : AEROCONTACT-1911057300
- Activity area : Aerospace Manufacturing
Aviation and Aerospace Jobs similar to Commercial Manager Aerospace