- Company : MatchTech
- Localisation : Bristol - UK - South West England
- Position : Composite Engineer
- Type of Contract : Permanent contract
- Date of publication : 2017-07-24
Our leading aerospace client have a number of opportunities at their specialist composite facility for Composite Process Development Engineers, Metallic Forming Development Engineers, Measurement & NDT Engineer, Machining Development Engineers, Assembly Development Engineers and Coating Application Engineers.
Objective of Role
- Manage and maintain the integrity of business related data (e.g. Product Cost data, Operation Times, Right First Time data) to support development of the manufacturing process.
- Ensure manufacturing processes are capable of meeting requirements for Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Lead time.
- Develop the Technical Package (Equipment, TI\'s, Resource, Tooling, Inspection Equipment, HSE documentation, SOP\'s / Local WI\'s, Materials) to define the manufacturing process and control it effectively.
- Prepare appropriate documentation to demonstrate manufacturing status against the required standard. Communicate technical detail to relevant stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for new or improved manufacturing processes to meet current or future requirements. Identify and share best practice. Capture and utilise lessons learned.
- Work with interfacing teams (e.g. Engineering, Quality, HS&E, and suppliers ) to ensure technical aspects of the manufacturing process are understood and accounted for as required.
- Ensure manufacturing processes comply with the legal requirements (e.g. regulatory and HS&E) and customer requirements.
- Engineering or relevant discipline degree, HND or HNC with Manufacturing Engineering experience.
- Extensive knowledge within specialist area i.e. composites, metallics, NDT, machining, assembly, coating.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing capability development processes.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing engineering tools.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Composite, Aerospace, Fibre Placement, Tape Laying, Metallic Forming, NDT, Machining, Coating, Assembly
- Start date : ASAP
- Term :
- Experience Required : 2 to 4 years
- Salary : £30000 - £48000 per annum
- References : EMP395845_1500891048
- Activity area : Aerospace Engineering
Aviation and Aerospace Jobs similar to Composite Engineer