A Demand Planner is required to join an innovative Aerospace and Defence company on a Temporary Basis that specialises in advanced products primarily for the Aerospace industry.
The Demand Planner will perform duties associated with the Demand Planning to forecast worldwide stock requirements and develop the company demand plan. This will provide a maximum customer service with minimum inventory investment.
The Demand Planner will report directly to the Manager of Demand Planning and will have no direct reports.
Responsibilities of the Demand Planner (Temp)
- Create and maintain a rolling 18 month demand plan for multiple locations including MRO.
- Drives the business system and procure material for the products and customers.
- Creation of a 36 month total demand plan for long term rough cut capacity planning.
- Export and Import demand history/demand forecasts to/from SAP.
- Use forecasting tools and maintain SAP independent requirements.
- Maintain associated information structures and planning hierarchies in SAP.
- Maintain fleet and usage data for the assigned products and customers.
- Assist with determining the demand requirements.
- Interact with both OE and Spares customers for demand planning conferences.
- Conduct initial provisioning recommendations and allocation of material.
- Perform responsibilities on own initiative, arranging customer trips/meetings as necessary.
- Support monthly Sales and Operations Planning meetings.
- Produce KPI reports to monitor forecast accuracy, on-time shipments, sales, inventory, etc.
- Support the development of business processes across the entire supply chain
- Provide maximum customer service and Carry out special duties as assigned.
Requirements and Experience of the Demand Planner (Temp)
- Bachelor of Science degree (or equivalent) in relevant subject area or relevant experience.
- Experience in forecasting, material requirement management, inventory management.
- Logistics management experience or a customer supporting role is required.
- Familiarity with ERP/MRP software applications (SAP, Forecasting Systems).
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload with good attention to detail and a sense of timeliness.
- Strong PC skills including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- National and International travel may be required for Customer Visits.
Security Clearance may be required for this role due to the nature of the products involved.