Design and Analysis Group Leader - Gloucester
We have an exciting opportunity for a Design and Analysis Engineering Group Leader for a world leading Landing Gear Systems supplier for the design, development and manufacture in the aerospace industry at their facility in Gloucester.
The Design and Analysis Engineering Group Leader will report to the Design and Analysis Manager and work closely with Customers both internally and externally. They will be responsible for Design and Analysis activities in terms of Quality, Cost and Delivery the team carries out in support of development and sustaining requirements for landing gears.
The Design and Analysis Engineering Group Leader will:
- Lead a team of Design and Analysis Engineers to meet agreed Key Milestones, deliverables, costs and quality.
- Be robust in reporting through associated reviews, Key performance Indicators and Visual Management techniques.
- Be technically minded in financial and scheduling responsibilities for the team's activities to ensure best practice is used to drive the Engineering Department forward in promoting professional and personal development of all the team members.
- Provide a customer and supplier interface on engineering issues.
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- Qualified to at least Degree level in an engineering or related discipline.
- Experience of Microsoft applications, including Word and Excel, is essential.
- You will be required to demonstrate experience and proven results in a range of engineering activities, with strong program management, communication and decision making skills which are essential to this role.
- People Management Skills, Multifunctional & Multi-cultural Team Working, Communication Skills.
- General understanding of finance.
- Proven experience of coaching and developing others would be an advantage.
- Ideally experienced in Landing Gear Product knowledge and expertise.
- Background in Design and Analysis, Engineering Repair and Production Concession Management, Project Management, Leadership, problem solving, continuous improvement and result orientated.
- Have working knowledge of ABAQUS and Catia as well as other recognised FEA and fatigue software tools.
- Have experience of static Hand calculations.
- Previous Stress signatory experience is not mandatory but would be advantageous to internal development.
- Salary - Negotiable dependent upon experience.
- Plus a good benefits package
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on 01384446192
DISCLAIMER: Due to the nature of work candidates should be UK citizen/ EU Citizen/ Valid work permit holder