Our Client is looking for a Design Engineer with the experience in SolidWorks and previous experience using a CMM Machine.
THE CANDIDATES DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Dealing with customer requirments on a verbal and written instructed basis.
- To complete detailed drawing/model in SolidWorks
- Create drawings from samples or sketches
- Utilise experience as required
- Must be fully conversant with engineering tolerances, fits & finishes
- Testing materials for any parts provided by client
- Taking the measurement of any parts provided by client using CMM machine, verniers and micrometers
- Visiting sites as appropriate to see machines and parts in situ
- Revise drawings as required and requested
- Liaise with Workshop Manager once detailed drawings are completed if the drawing is being passed to production
- Ability and experience to provide re-engineering solutions and new designs
- Check calculations before being passed to production
- Maintaining and updating the library of drawings provided by clients and created by The Client.
- Liaise with the Customer Service Manager when clients request copies of drawings and models from the library
- Printing of large format drawings for Customer Service Manager when requested.
Hours: 08.00 - 18.00 Monday - Friday inclusive of half an hour lunch break
Holidays: 33 per annum which includes statutory bank holidays
Bonus: Monthly company bonus - eligible after 3 months service and satisfactory completion of probationary period
Key Words: SolidWorks, Design Engineer, CAD, 2D, 3D, CMM, Quality, Machine parts