Based: Enfield, North London
Package: up to £35,000 (including bonus + benefits)
My Enfield-based manufacturing client is going through an exciting period of change and improvement at their busy site. As a result, they are seeking to appoint a Document Controller who will support the in-house Capital Projects Team with the successful delivery of all capital projects at their manufacturing plant. The successful candidate will be responsible for office resource management, raising PO requests, allocating costs to project budgets, and independently managing small projects. They are looking for motivated candidates with excellent project administration skills, knowledge and experience of working in a multi-disciplined Project Team.
This role covers a full range of activities, including:
- General Project office support
- Full involvement in day to day project activities, which involves completing the below on behalf of the project managers (PM\'s).
- Booking of visitors and contractors onto company system
- Managing Medical bookings for visitors and contractors
- Dealing with Security Queries as primary point of contact for these queries.
- Dealing with delivery queries
- Scheduling meetings with multiple departments.
- Booking of meeting rooms
- Meeting Minute taking and formal write up thereafter
- Hard file production, copying, scanning and shredding
- Create Project Folders at the start of all projects.
- Raises all Capital Project Team order requests on the Ariba system.
- Follow up and ensure orders are raised correctly and in a timely manner on key orders.
- Maintain updates of individual Project cost tracking/budget spread sheets when orders are raised and received.
- Received all invoice notification by accounts, process these notifications with the individual PM\'s and confirm that the work should be invoiced and resolve queries prior to approving on behalf of the PM\'s.
- Cross checks the Capex Summary (Monthly Financial update) to all the individual project cost trackers/budgets spread sheets. Resolve any anomalies between these by communication with accounts and the individual project managers.
- Assists in producing combined spend forecasts for the department.
- Assists in producing capital investment planning documents and compiling of information
- Collation of monthly report information for all Capex project report, including those being managed by people from other departments.
- Complete all necessary paperwork for New Starters.
- Induction of new starters - Induction presentation, overview of procedures and office standards
- Work with Capital Projects Department Manager, Site Project Lead to Develop & monitor team KPI\'s
- Assist in the development, update and improvement of Capital Project Department documents and procedures to improve project delivery.
- Create other additional reports on finance or KPI\'s beyond the monthly report as and when required.
- Support the PM\'s to adhere to the company\'s financial procedures of ensuring multiple offers / tenders are obtained and adjudicated in a fair and transparent manner.
- Interact with Purchasing and Finance departments to assist in efficiently processing orders and invoices.
- Maintain good communications with the client and all parties relevant to the project.
- Work as an individual or as part of a project team to aid the team in successful project delivery.
- Provide support for project team members.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and requirements.
- Develop understanding of company Sustainability policy and implement in project office where relevant.
Strong communication, organisational and time management skills are essential. You will need to demonstrate IT skills using relevant technical software packages as well as Microsoft Office. Previous experience of Ariba or other procurement systems is very desirable. Candidates must have an understanding of the Project Delivery process and Project Financial management.
More information available upon application.
When applying for this role, please indicate your current salary (plus benefits package), minimum salary required, notice period and your reasons for wishing to move from your current company. Alliance Consulting is acting as an employment agency in this respect. Alliance Consulting specialise in the placement of engineers throughout the UK. By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database and/or in manual files for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us submitting your CV to our client. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us. Equally, if there are any companies that you do not wish your CV to be sent to (for whatever reason), then please let us know of this when you apply.