Electrical Engineer with knowledge of electrical COTS test equipment configured in an ATE environment, to primarily configure and provide first line maintenance throughout the life of the test program, and provide technical support to the users.
The test program is executed in various locations throughout Europe which require the ATE to be reconfigured and revalidated to prepare for procedure.
EGSE Commissioning and Validation:
* Produce ATE validation procedures
* Configure and commission a dedicated small ATE LAN for interconnection of all the ATE Equipment (TCP/IP, network topology, IP addressing).
* Commissioning and de-commissioning, setup, shipment support and item inventory of ATE systems
* Support to users in the use of the ATE, and first level investigation ATE Faults
* Carry out preventative maintenance (validation) activities, by executing validation procedures, in order to provide fully operational ATE systems in readiness for spacecraft test.
* Carry out corrective maintenance activities (first line support), including fault finding to component level, in order to support the ATE test systems during test activities.
* Carry out software and OS support of the central ATE test systems (Linux, UNIX, Windows), including application software patch installation, interpreting software error messages, system integrity, project Telemetry/telecommand database installation and user software (Automatic test procedures) support (bespoke language).
* First level debug of ATE system software to provide anomaly details to the SW development teams for correction.
* Provide configuration and control of ATE documentation and software
* Modification of delivered ATE systems to support changes in the spacecraft design.
* Configuration and control of the ATEE systems and user software
Essential: As a minimum, an HNC in Electronic engineering (or equivalent) with current software experience.
Knowledge of the following operating systems: LINUX and UNIX
Knowledge of test system design and maintenance
ATE for use of S/C testing
Someone who has previous experience using bespoke tools and programs
NOTE: this role may require travel within the UK and overseas, and has the potential to work on a DD shift pattern at peak times.