An Electrical Maintenance Technician is required to join an innovative Aerospace and Defence company on Permanent basis that specialises in advanced products primarily for the Aerospace industry. The Electrical Maintenance Technician will facilitate the effective and efficient Maintenance of CNC Machines, Plant and Equipment. The Electrical Maintenance Technician role will be responsible to the Maintenance Team Leader and the undertaking of Maintenance activities within their area.
This role would suit a person that is looking to progress their career that is ideally Apprentice Trained and is looking for a long term, stable and progressive opportunity with a very large Aerospace and Defence Manufacturing company.
Responsibilities of the Electrical Maintenance Technician
- Effective and efficient maintenance operations of the department
- Meet maintenance targets and prioritise work
- Provide an installation and refurbishment service for plant equipment
- Undertake any other duties that may be required as assigned
- Conduct first line maintenance procedures
- Reducing downtime wherever possible on repeated breakdowns
- Promote continuous improvement in overall plant operations
- Undertake planned preventive maintenance on plant and equipment
- Carry out procedural inspections procedures.
- Flexible to cover any shift patterns as required by the team
- Operate under verbal and written instructions from Maintenance Team Leader
- Undertake the above activities across both maintenance departments as and when required
Requirements and Experience of the Electrical Maintenance Technician
- Educated to ONC/HNC or GCSE standard with an engineering apprenticeship or relevant experience
- A good knowledge of the maintenance procedures and manufacturing techniques
- A good knowledge of manufacturing and maintenance methods using CNC Machinery and the relevant PLC Controls
- Some Knowledge of Fanuc, Mazatrol, Mazak, Mori Seiki and Siemens controls
- The 16th, 17th edition Electrical Qualification is very is desirable
- Good planning, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Able to cope with the demands imposed by a manufacturing environment
- This Position will operate in Maintenance and Manufacturing Machinery areas
- Working knowledge of current IT systems including SAP is desirable
- Good planning and prioritising work to meet commitments aligned with organisational goals
- Conduct effective and efficient processes to get things done, focusing on continuous improvement
- Able to make good and timely decisions that keep the CNC/Plant cell moving forward
- A good awareness and attitude to health and safety that isn't just about process and procedures
Security Clearance may be required for this role due to the nature of the products involved.
If interested in this position of Electrical Maintenance Technician then