An Electronics Design Engineer is required to join an innovative Aerospace and Defence Engineering company on Permanent basis that specialises in advanced products primarily for the Aerospace industry.
The Electronics Design Engineer will provide technical expertise in the design, development and verification of Electronic Units and Electrical Motors and Drives associated with aircraft systems and subsystems.
The Electronics Design Engineer will provide Technical Leadership in the design and development of Digital or Power or Analogue Electronics Circuit Design and Simulation.
Responsibilities of the Electronics Design Engineer
- Design of Digital or Power or Analogue Electronics circuits for use in aeronautical systems
- Review and management of external subcontractor designs
- Production of high quality technical reports and electronics specifications
- Electronic Circuit Analysis and simulation
- Electronic Hardware prototyping and testing procedures
- Support the production test failure
- Conduct Root-Cause and Corrective Action investigations
- Conduct Continuous improvement activities
- Work as part of a multifunctional integrated Electronics product team
- Liaison with customers and suppliers as required
- Occasional travel within UK and abroad will be required
Requirements and Experience of the Electronics Design Engineer
- Electronics Engineering Degree (2.1 or higher)
- At least 5 years of electronics design experience
- Experience within military, aerospace, nuclear or other safety critical related industry
- Strong technical report writing and good communication skills
- VHDL code creation and VHDL Testbench Experience
- Digital circuit design and Motor-control algorithms knowledge
- Experience of Field Programmable gate Arrays (FPGA's)
- Experience of Texas Instrument Digital Signal Processors (DSP)
- Knowledge of Aerospace Standards would be preferred
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB) layout knowledge
- Electromagnetic Interference filtering and protection (EMC)
- Chartered Engineering Status is preferred
Security Clearance will be required for this role due to the nature of the products involved.