Electronics Design Manager
Carbon60 are recruiting for an enthusiastic and passionate Electronics Design Manager to work at a leading manufacturer\'s flagship site based in the North East Somerset.
The Electronics Design Manager will lead the development of the company\'s actuation and mechatronic products, whilst developing technical solutions for industrial process control and monitoring.
The South West based team consists of Embedded Software and Electronics Design Engineers, who will focus on all aspects of the hardware and software product life cycle.
- Lead a growing team of embedded software and electronics design engineers.
- Develop robust, reliable products and technology platforms for the control and monitoring of industrial control processes in harsh environments.
- Oversee the design and development of mechatronic based embedded systems and coordinate the work of multiple engineers.
- Lead the technical development, and launch of innovative products.
- Work with Project Managers in the preparation of project work plans, scopes, schedules and budgets from a technical perspective.
- Ensures processes and procedures are met in accordance to adopted best practices.
- Review overall design architecture with lead engineers to ensure they are robust and meet long term objectives.
- Generate progress and other reports required by the Technical Director.
- Minimum Hons Degree or equivalent in Mechatronic, Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
- Enthusiasm for emerging technologies and willingness to embrace new skills.
- Ability to work to tight time and cost targets is essential.
- Proactive approach to work with good organisational and planning skills.
- Experience of managing the development and introduction of complex mechatronic based embedded systems.
- Experience of leading an embedded systems or mechatronic development team
- Project Management of complex software and hardware developments.
- Knowledge or experience of development in the following would be desirable:
- Software: MISRA C
- Hardware: Power electronics/motor drives, Embedded microcontrollers
- Regulation: Electrical Safety, Functional Safety, EMC
- Environments: Heavy industrial, extreme temperatures, hazardous areas.
This is an exciting opportunity with a leading business, who offer an excellent salary package alongside a range of additional benefits. For more information on the role, contact Ben Hastings at Carbon60. 01329 227 002.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.