This position provides environmental, health, safety, and security leadership to the site and reports directly to Plant Manager.
- Manages and directs site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives
- Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Works as part of leadership team to create targets and objectives to reduce risk and environmental impact
- Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives
- Supports creation of EHS goals for the site manager and appropriate activity based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results
- Supports plant manager in the assignment of ESH element champions and facilitates their engagement in ownership of the EHS elements
- Drives and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site
- Creates and facilitates EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year
- Works with leadership team and EHS champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations
- Uses established EHS data processes to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information
- Creates training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion
- Works with site leadership team and facilities to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis
- Advanced degree (Master\'s level or beyond recommended)
- Strong team-building and organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate managerial courage (e.g., managing varied interests representing potential conflicts)
- Ability to lead and support cross-functional EHS teams
- Experience with an emphasis in environmental, health and safety program management and employee training
- Four (4) year degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental discipline or equivalent
- Professional certification (recommended) (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, or country equivalent where available)
- Proficiency in English
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.