The Head of Supply Chain is responsible for managing all strategic sourcing and procurement expenditure and logistics/warehousing across a particular business unit within our clients group.
In addition the Head of Supply Chain is responsible for:
* Meeting or exceeding profit plan goals related to: cost savings, economics, quality, supplier rationalization, low cost sourcing and other agreed objectives.
* Lead material resourcing activities in coordination with costing and engineering to drive a competitive advantage for the business.
* Develop, coordinate and steer purchasing strategies for group commodities
* Lead, motivate, support and develop purchasing staff members
* Support of proper Make or Buy decisions, prepare data and slides for relevant strategic gate reviews.
* Support efforts concerning supply base rationalization and supplier development.
* Ensuring the cost, quality and time-oriented supply of all sites with the required goods and materials in line with the respective business plans, budgets, targets, and strategies.
* Manage effective logistics channels around the world at the best "Total Value" proposition for the business units
* Deploy lean warehouse and inventory management principles to drive turns and cash improvements
* Gain functional efficiencies through business system rationalisation and improvements delivering a best in class solution
* Developing and implementing short, medium and long-term material strategies that are aligned with site and divisional objectives and benefit the business by developing supplier relationships, leveraging optimum prices and reducing cost and risk within the supply chain.
* Contract management and implementation on key strategic direct and indirect suppliers and sub-contractors
* Managing the supplier selection process and ensuring that contracts are in place with all key suppliers within the direct material commodity.
* Managing the supplier performance - namely delivery performance, unit cost, non-recurring costs, financial claims, financial health, and quality performance - and the improvement of such to meet agreed business objectives and value creation targets.
* Holding regular senior business review meetings with key suppliers.
* Analysing suppliers cost competitiveness and work with suppliers to reduce cost through product and process improvement.
* Employing risk management to identify and assessing the risk of a supply failure. Develop contingency plans or take pro-active action to minimise or eliminate risk.
* Supporting any direct material procurement tasks within the Bid and NPI process
* Working with the other regional procurement/commodity team leads to ensure that ideas are cascaded to all areas and that all regions are following the same strategic direction.
* Developing and implementing the procurement strategy for all relevant commodity purchases across the group to ensure commonality of approach and maximising leverage potential.
* Bachelor\'s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, or related technical field. Or equivalent relevant experience
* Purchasing experience at a strategic level, with Aerospace industry preferred.
* Ability to cooperate with people of different levels inside/ outside the company and to interact with team to reach team goals and business objectives.
* Ability to empower others to achieve results through motivation, recognition and performance feedback.
* Ability to express information in a manner appropriate to different levels of people & to lead and close out negotiations.
* Ability to recognize, respond to customer expectations with sense of urgency
* Ability to set goals consistent with company objectives and to adapt plans to changing environment.
* Experience in implementing industry leading best practices.
* Proven ability in strategy deployment
* Excellent leadership skills
* Proven ability to motivate and co-ordinate in a multi-functional environment - the role has functional responsibility and the businesses operate in a matrix reporting structure
* Proven project management techniques
* Excellent communication skills - including first class reporting techniques
* Substantive commercial, negotiation and financial skills
It is expected that you will travel extensively between the clients and customers sites both in the UK and Overseas.
For the right applicant a competitive package is on offer, along with an excellent working environment, the opportunity to work for a global leader in their field, and work in a position with autonomy and varied, interesting projects.