The Role is based within the Quality Department and involves maintaining Health, Safety and Environmental management systems.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Maintain and develop Health and Safety Procedures.
- Maintain and develop Environmental Management system.
- Provide Health and Safety information to site employees and higher management.
- Co-ordinate and promote continual improvement in Health, Safety and Environment.
- Maintain and develop risk assessments to ensure they are relevant and up-to-date.
- Monitor and review Health Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Provide training to site employees regarding Health Safety and the Environment.
- Provide support and advice to site employees and management.
- Carry out accident and incident investigations providing reports and identifying route causes and implementing action plans to prevent re-occurrence.
- Create a monthly report for higher management to review.
- Conduct internal and external audits, regarding Health Safety and Environment.
- Monitor and control PPE to ensure compliance and issue.
- Identify and maintain current training matrix and requirements.
- Control and monitor REACH regulations to ensure compliance.
- Control and monitor the waste streams: recycling, hazardous and general waste.
- Ensure COSHH is maintained and relevant.
- 1 years experience in an HSE role.
- Extremely organised with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Enthusiastic and proactive with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent time and attendance records.
- Microsoft Office/Excel and PowerPoint knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive and approachable personality.
- Environmental experience with dealing with hazardous chemicals
- Knowledge of the chemical industry.
- Knowledge of REACH compliance.
- Understanding of a Site permit.
- Dealings with the environmental agency and HSE.
- Working in a manufacturing environment.
- ISO 14001:2004 experience.
Wages: Negotiable depending on experience.