A Lead Mechanical Design Engineer is required to join the Research, Design and Technology Department on a Permanent basis within an International Aerospace and Defence Manufacturing Company. The Lead Mechanical Design Engineer will report into the Design Engineering Manager
The successful Lead Mechanical Design Engineer will support, propose and agree Design conceptual studies and co-ordinate the technical quality of Design activities. The Lead Mechanical Design Engineer will to act as the Design Technical Lead and mentor for the team and represent the company as the Design Technical Lead in front of the customer. The Lead Mechanical Design Engineer will check and approve design deliverable's and improve technical efficiency and approvals
Technical Skills and Experience Required for Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
- Ideally a degree qualified person within mechanical or technical engineering subject
- Or HND qualified with equivalent experience within mechanical/aerospace engineering
- A proven business and or commercial acumen is required
- Detailed knowledge of aerospace materials and manufacturing processes preferred
- Knowledge of mechanical stress and fatigue methods and principles
- Knowledge of the mechanical design process within this aerospace environment
- Aerospace structural design experience
- Able to produce designs with consideration of design to cost
- An expert in a technical and mechanical engineering discipline with analytic skills
- Proven at coaching engineers in theoretical and real life best practice
- Able to represent the company as a technical expert in both internal and external projects
- Advise the company of appropriate technical developments through networking, etc.
- Take engineering forward by influencing aerospace technological developments
- A recognised academic authority in their field both internally and externally
- A Lead engineer will have good engineering, analysis, coaching, networking and influence.
- The successful candidate will understand the formal/informal structures of the organisation
- You will be able to operate without supervision in a complex engineering environment
There may be the occasional need for travel with this Lead Mechanical Design Engineer position.
Security Clearance will be required for this role due to the nature of the products involved.
If interested in this role, then