Carbon60 are seeking a Lead Test Engineer to join a growing vibrant Aerospace organisation based in Gloucester.
Within this role as the Lead Test Engineer you will be responsible for the definition, development and implementation and support of production and the development test solutions.
· You day to day responsibilities include working on the specification and development of test solutions to meet product acceptance test procedure (ATP).
· You will be tasked to technically manage external suppliers in the provision of test equipment.
· Lead Test Equipment commissioning.
· Lead directly and/or manage external suppliers to ensure calibration and spares provisioning requirements.
· Lead the validation of rigs and rig software.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
· Degree in Engineering or Scientific discipline or equivalent experience.
· Experience of Hydraulic applications and mechanical engineering.
· Experience in the testing of Hydro-mechanical products used within an aerospace environment, this includes control valves and Actuators.
· Experience in defining test procedures and specifications for test equipment based on product test requirements.
· You will have the ability to operate, understand and trouble shoot hydraulic test rigs and their controlling systems to implement product test requirements.
· You will also possess strong structured root cause investigation/problem solving skills.
· Have good written and verbal communication skills.
· Be customer focused.
· Manage own workload and priorities with strong focus on meeting delivery.
· Appreciation of Labview, additionally have experience of other data acquisition products.
· Microsoft Office experience.
· Understanding of Instrumentation.
· As the Lead Test Engineer you will have strong experience of working collaboratively, cross discipline environment.
· You will also be required to technically manage external suppliers in the provision of test solutions.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.