We are recruiting a full time Maintenance Engineer with fabrication and plumbing qualifications and experience to support their growing team, reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor you will be responsible for providing breakdown, preventative maintenance cover and installation work across the site on a wide range of plant and equipment; whilst working to current regulations within a continuous improvement environment and adhering to safe-working practices.
Working with the Production and Quality teams on daily plant issues and ensuring compliance with Health & Safety legislation as well as supporting with installation/ upgrade / maintenance of plant and equipment.
As a maintenance engineer you should be able to demonstrate an ability to work in hazardous environments and capable of working under pressure when breakdowns arise and production is high. The aptitude to troubleshoot and correct malfunctions on industrial plant, machine and buildings as required. Also competence in performing preventative maintenance as per schedules and order replacement parts and stocks in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Suitable candidates will have/be able to:
- Experience as Maintenance Engineer / Technician relevant to an industrial manufacturing environment - Chemical or wet processing Industry would be an advantage / preferable.
- Qualified and experienced In fabrication In Industrial environment.
- Basic Plumbing skills.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work on your own initiative
- Proficiency to quickly acquire knowledge of processes supported within the plant with a strong ability on quality and accuracy.
- The ability to undertake training / further learning as required.
- The capability to work closely with others is imperative, requiring team participation to achieve agreed objectives.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organisation skills.
- The ability to read, comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions / procedures.
- Fully flexible approach to the job role and responsibilities, flexibility with hours is essential, however the normal working week is Monday to Friday.
Consideration will be given to all levels of experience and qualification. What we Offer
- Excellent working conditions
- Employer pension contribution
- 31 days annual leave (incl. bank holidays) increasing with service
- Development opportunities
- On-site parking
Salary will be dependent on experience and will be discussed at interview.