- Company : JAM Recruitment
- Localisation : Greater Manchester, Manchester - UK - East Midlands
- Position : Manufacturing and Technical Manager
- Type of Contract : Permanent contract
- Date of publication : 2017-09-08
The Company is currently looking for an experienced Manufacturing and Technical Manager. This is an autonomous position having responsibility for the running of the manufacturing facility, ensuring compliance with health and safety, environmental obligations, promoter of lean manufacturing and Company goals and objectives. Being able to apply technical knowledge in a commercial way to achieve KPI targets, cost centres budgets and product line profitability is key to manufacturing units success.
The industry is fast paced and ability to develop business technologies is important for the Company to meet its future growth plans.
As the Manufacturing and Technical Manager you will be responsible for:
* Plan and manage Departmental budgets to agreed levels. Achieve target margins on product lines. Ensure equipment, manning and resources are sufficient to meet foretasted demand.
* Establish and manage Capex projects to meet the longer term needs of the business - site infrastructure, new plant and new technologies.
* Report on all Key KPI\'s for the manufacturing area - E, H&S, Quality, Delivery, Budgets, Lead-times and Projects (cost and timescales).
* Manage and implement projects following lean manufacturing techniques
* Responsible for the planning and purchasing of all materials to ensure that the department meets delivery requirements. Ensure Company\'s ERP system is working efficiently
* Responsible for ensuring the manufacturing department complies with all of the Company\'s procedures and quality system which is based on the requirements of ISO 9001: 2015
* Be responsible for producing 8D reports, FMEA\'s, Control plans, PPAP\'s and full tractability certification to meet customer requirements.
* Attend and support the APQP/ sample production process. Respond to technical enquires and co-ordinate the assessment of metrology project requirements, gauges and inspection fixtures.
* Redefine processes and techniques as a means of continuous improvements / removing product non conformance
To be successful in the role of Manufacturing and Technical Manager you will have the following skills and experience:
* Degree in mechanical Engineering
* NVQ in Supervisor Management
* ISOH in Health and Safety
* Foundry Process knowledge
* Capex and Project management Experience
* Lean Manufacturing and value stream mapping Experience
* ERP experience - planning, Manufacturing, stock control
In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £40,000 - £45,000 (depending on experience) an industry leading benefits package.
To apply for the position of Manufacturing and Technical Manager, please send your CV to Gabrielle Beaver via the \'apply now\' button.
***PLEASE NOTE: interviews will be taking place over the next 2 weeks ***
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
- Start date : ASAP
- Term :
- Experience Required : More than 10 years
- Salary : £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + bonus
- References : BBBH66728_1504874997
- Activity area : Aerospace Engineering
Aviation and Aerospace Jobs similar to Manufacturing and Technical Manager