Manufacturing Weld Engineer is responsible for developing welding and Brazing techniques, procedures, and application of welding equipment to problems involving fabrication of metals mostly stainless steel and titanium , utilizing knowledge of production specifications, properties and characteristics of metals and metal alloys, and engineering principles. Conducts research and development investigations to develop and test existing welding processes and procedures, improve existing or develop new welding equipment, develop new or modify current welding and Brazing methods, techniques, and procedures. Investigate production issues with a view to reducing the number of weld and braze reworks.
- Develop and validate weld process sheets and welding parameters for each production welding station including manual and orbital welding.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the shielding gas system and track consumption rates and mixture
- Monitor welding consumables and weld wire, and identify and implement cost saving opportunities
- Monitor and control gas consumption mix and welding wire
- Develop, conduct, and coordinate welder training classes for support technicians in application and validation of weld process
- Facilitate the analysis of weld coupons and provide technical assistance to the assembly areas
- Implement process improvements due to weld failures and defects
- Ensure accurate documentation of all manual and orbital weld parameters including , resistant, and spot weld also, weld audit reports, and develop and maintain a welding reference library
- Proactive involvement in the innovation and application of new technologies to improve the welding process
- Participate in training and developing in-house training needs
- Developing welding techniques and procedures for manual/orbital welding operations
- Conducts certification tests for qualification of personnel with national code requirements
- Ensures all programs for automated welding systems have all critical documents developed and approved prior to release of profiles to production
- Evaluates new developments in welding field for possible application to current welding problems or processes
- Assist or perform welding equipment setup and communication
- Perform verification of weld equipment performance
- Relevant welding qualifications plus minimum of 5 years of Weld Engineering experience.
- Strong project and time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, from production associates to the leadership team.
- Knowledge of weld and braze joining process (NDT a plus FPI).
- Experience with Nadcap audits is a plus.
- Experience in manufacturing.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.