Our client, a leading international aerospace manufacturing organisation, providing engineered products for demanding operating environments, have an urgent requirement for a New Product Introduction (NPI) Manager.
The NPI Manager will be responsible for a team whose primary focus is the delivery of designs aimed at satisfying customer requirements for the design of air conditioning ducting and insulation panels for aircraft.
Key Responsibilities of the NPI Manager:
- Ensuring that technical activities relating to project management, tooling manufacture and product development are adequately controlled and authorised in accordance with the requirements of the customer, organisation and regulatory authorities.
- Ensuring that Projects are managed in accordance with prescribed controls.
- Ensuring that designs are of sufficient quality that they can be used by production for manufacture and by the customer for validation.
- Ensuring that tooling is manufactured capable of maintaining integrity of the finished item.
- Assessing the personnel development process and providing training as necessary.
- Ensuring that resources are adequate for the task.
- Supporting the Sales and Operations functions in a professional manner.
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with customers, colleagues and the management team by regular consultation and feedback regarding activities, progress, results and achievements.
Key Skills and Experience for the NPI Manager:
- An aerospace background in systems (air-conditioning) or similar suitable engineering training.
- Strong Project management skills at a senior level.
- Product knowledge including manufacturing processes will be essential.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage teams.