My client a large international Aerospace company based in Berkshire are seeking a Plater to join their team. Within this role you will be reporting to the Team Leader CNC/Moulding/Plating.
Assemble complex and precision electro-mechanical units, sub-assemblies and final assemblies of slip ring products as needed to the required quality and timescale.
· You will be required to perform a variety of plating operations on parts or sub-assemblies to process through an established sequence to impart a coating of the required type, eg. Copper, Silver, Gold.
· Undertake the mix solutions using appropriate testing devices and introduce additives per Quality Managers directives.
· Regulate current input and plating time to obtain the desired thickness of plate.
· Keep accurate and important records.
· You will perform metal recovery operations as required.
· Monitor processing water and report difficulties.
· Instruct, train and check work of other workers plating as required by the Team leader.
· Visually inspect parts for proper finish and dimensions.
· Recognise obvious defective or damaged parts, incorrect sizes, and/or faulty workmanship.
· Recommend changes to improve quality and productivity to management.
· Proceed under general supervision, with new work or problems being referred to management.
· Maintain the waste treatment procedures and monitor plating room security.
· Maintain necessary records.
· Move material as necessary in performance of duties.
· Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to Team Leader.
· Maintain work area and equipment in clean, safe and orderly condition.
· Follow established company rules and regulations and maintain quality standards.
· Proceed with minimum supervision, with directions only required on new or problem work.
· Assist in other areas of the Company as required against reasonable requests.
Experience and Competencies:
· Minimum 3 years experience in a manufacturing Company.
· Minimum 1 year experience of plating.
· Able to work with minimum supervision.
· Understanding of Good Laboratory Practices.
· Knowledge and awareness of HSE guidelines in a chemical Environment.
· Open plan plating area.
· Noise levels and chemical smells typically associated with a plating environment.
· PPE will be supplied as required and must be worn at all times whilst working within the plating shop.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.