A Principal Stress Engineer is required by our client, a leading aerospace manufacturer based in Gloucester, to join their Design and Analysis Department.
The Principal Stress Engineer will be required to propose and agree Design conceptual studies, co-ordinate the technical quality of the work package activities, to act as the Stress Technical focal and mentor for the team, represent the business as the Stress technical focal for the team, check and approve design deliverables, ensure the creation, progression and usage of new Stress methods within the team.
Key Requirements for the Principal Stress Engineer:
- A practising expert in a technical engineering discipline
- Coaching engineers in theoretical and 'real life' best practice
- Advising the Company of appropriate technical developments to take Engineering forward
- Influencing the Aerospace community in appropriate technological developments
- A recognised academic authority in their field both internally and externally
- Excellent engineering, analysis, coaching, networking and influence
Key Skills and Qualifications for the Principal Stress Engineer:
- Ideally experienced in an aerospace manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills
- A background in Design and Analysis
- Project Management
- Continuous improvement
- Minimum of HND qualified or equivalent level in an engineering or related discipline