Process Engineer - West Midlands - up to £35k
Our client is seeking an experienced Process Engineer to support their production machining team and to support the sales team in preparing machining estimates for future sales opportunities.
The Process Engineer will review new product drawings in order to prepare time, tooling and cost estimates with corresponding CNC programming to support manufacture. This will include liaising with all departments as well as customers and suppliers.
Key Responsibilities of the Process Engineer
- Resolving production technical issues in a time scale to support production flow / deliveries.
- Analysing production concerns and if unable to resolve, directing / escalating to appropriate function.
- Liaising with the technical Manager and other Process Engineer team members to resolve drawing / design issues / manufacturing methods.
- Recommending and driving production improvement initiatives.
- Liaising with external supply chain, in particular Tooling and raw material suppliers, through Purchase to confirm delivery, timing, and cost to support improvement / new work initiatives.
Key Skills and Experience required for the Process Engineer:
- Customer Focused
- Planning and estimating
- Timely decision making
- Motivating others
- Negotiating with internal / external customers
- Managing and measuring work
- Understanding of machining processes, tooling, especially of exotic materials
- Ability to program CNC machining
- Understanding of quality and process control procedures
- Good understanding of machining, tube manufacturing, assembly and tooling applications
- Educated to a minimum of HNC/technical apprenticeship