- Company : MatchTech
- Localisation : Buckinghamshire, Marlow - UK - South East England
- Position : Production Planner
- Type of Contract : Permanent contract
- Date of publication : 2017-09-06
As a Production Planner your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Bachelor degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain , Engineering or related field / or equivalent experience
- Solid knowledge of Supply Chain activities, MRP, Planning, Procurement, Production and Manufacturing.
- Practical knowledge / understanding of Lean Supply Chain concepts and application
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge / experience of MRP
- APICS certification (or regional equivalent) preferred
As a Production Planner your main responsibilities will involve:
- Planning and scheduling of material in accordance with the needs of the MPS.
- Conduct finite capacity planning and scheduling of internal manufacturing operations in accordance with the needs of the MPS, producing & releases internal work orders schedules & monitor performance to plan
- Develops production schedule for internal manufacturing operations for a series of production workcenters to achieve the requirements of the master production schedule.
- Optimises capacity, with minimal inventory and to ensure delivery to our customers on time.
- Strategically sets and manages all planning elements associated with all manufactured parts, and coordinates any outside processing associated with their parts.
- Ability to read and understand drawings, and what is subsequently required to make the parts they being planned.
- Strategically sets and manages all planning elements associated with purchased parts. Provides direction to purchasing on quantity & timing requirements of materials
- Plans and manage raw material inventory.
- Work with Engineering to identify alternative parts to support production requirements and drive cost & inventory reductions
- Monitoring shrinkage, yield, BOM accuracy, scrap factors to support cross functional continuous improvement projects.
- Construct & maintain a planning bill of material & routing strategy
- Planning and sequencing material inflows in such a way as to maintain inventory at planned levels and applying SOF principles to ensure that inventories are sized and balanced at the optimum levels throughout the supply chain
- Inventory: responsible for effectively executing functional supply and demand material plans, ensuring right part, right place, right time with minimal inventory.
- Conducts inactive, obsolete, and surplus analysis on all parts and drives root cause, corrective action and disposition strategy.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Production, Manufacturing, Planning, MRP, Planning, Supply chain, APICS,
- Start date : ASAP
- Term :
- Experience Required : 5 to 10 years
- Salary :
- References : EMP398533_1504715807
- Activity area : Aerospace Manufacturing
Aviation and Aerospace Jobs similar to Production Planner