Our client, a leading international aerospace manufacturing organisation, providing engineered products for demanding operating environments, are looking for a Project Design Engineer
The Project Design Engineer will be a primary focus for design and development activities aimed at satisfying customer requirements.
Key Responsibilities for the Project Design Engineer:
- Controlling the the technical aspects of projects to meet the requirements of the customer, organisation and regulatory authorities.
- Supporting customers at their facilities for extended periods of time during the design phases of a particular project.
- Compiling and issuing technical documentation such as estimates, BOM's, Design Reviews, Technical Proposals.
- Sign off of drawings and technical reports.
- Establishing and maintaining a meaningful product and contacts database
- Organising and carrying out material tests to ensure compliance with customer requirements and specifications as appropriate.
- Continually striving to use improved manufacturing methods and techniques as they are developed on projects.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external customers, colleagues and the management team by regular consultation and feedback regarding activities, progress, results and achievements.
Key Skills and Experience required for the Project Design Engineer:
- Experience of aerospace systems (air conditioning) or similar engineering background
- Drafting - AutoCad experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Design review and project management skills.
- Some knowledge of CATIA would be ideal but training will be given in this area.