Principal Engineer - Hull & Outfit and Technology Management
The primary remit for Technology Management (TM) is to identify and progress technology items (Technology Demonstrator Programmes (TDP\'s), either supporting the boat design or build) which will benefit the Dreadnought programme as either opportunities or risk mitigators.
Responsible for leading Technology Demonstrator Programmes (TDPs) and for identifying and progressing new ones with the objective of benefiting the Dreadnought programme (Design or Build). Specific duties include:-
* Working with the TM team and the wider stakeholder community to identify areas where a technology solution would benefit the Dreadnought programme.
* Developing Statements of Work to support Designs and Manufacture Contracts
* Using engineering knowledge to identify and apply appropriate technologies.
* Project leading TDPs as appropriate.
* Carrying out Engineering Feasibility Studies and benefits analyses.
* Willing to travel on occasion (within UK)
* Working with contractors on packages of work
Degree level education in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline
Project Management qualifications/experience
NOTE - we are looking for an Engineer with Project Management skills and experience, rather than an out and out Project Manager.
Leading projects where development of technology is the driver.
Experience with the introduction of university based research into an engineering environment.
Understanding of PM processes - working to schedule, documenting meeting minutes, actions tracking
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels through oral and written briefings and technical reports
Ability to work as part of a team
Ability to work unsupervised