The Software Test Engineer position sits within a Scrum Team, and the ideal candidate will get the chance to work in a broad role, on developing new software tests and on regression testing.
The candidates will get involved with End to End testing and be able to develop their skills emulating data sent to the company\'s products as well as writing automated tests using python for the QT UI of the product.
The role includes liaising with multiple teams and working across multiple domains within the Scrum Environment at the company.
The duties of the role include:
- Providing framework for test scripts including core functions for navigating, accessing and extracting data from the QT User Interface and data manipulation in order to support data driven testing.
- Developing test scripts within the automated regression test library for the products in line with scrum teams requirements.
- Developing or extending emulators to provide test data using one of the company\'s supported communication protocols
- Scripts to be written in line with the appropriate agreed test specification and/or in line with the company\'s Squish/Python coding guidelines.
Main duties to support ongoing scrum teams work:
- Timely scheduling of existing regression tests
- Daily review of test results
- Analysis of test failures leading to bug raising on either the products or Test Library as appropriate
- Reporting of latest test results and test coverage
- Maintenance of test library
- Maintenance and implementation of agreed improvements to automated test scheduling and reporting framework
- Proven track record in scripting / coding language (Pthon C/ C++)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Undergraduates in B.Eng / B.Sc - Computing based degrees or Electronics Engineer based degrees with Software content. or equivalent relevant experience
- Basic appreciation of Software development and testing techniques
- Enquiring investigative approach to learning
- Willingness to continually increase knowledge base
- Comfortable liaising with different people/teams and working in a collaborative scrum environment
If you would like to know more about the position please get in touch.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.