Senior Motor Drives Design Engineer
Carbon60 are seeking to recruit a Senior Motor Drives Design Engineer to work for a leading global manufacturer based in Somerset.
The successful Motor Drives Design Engineer will be based out of an office in the Somerset. The role will focus on the design of power electronics and the specification of motors for new products. There will also be the opportunity to research into new drive technologies for actuation.
Key Focus Areas:
- Conducting research and carrying out feasibility studies into new methods of valve actuation and the evaluation of relevant new technologies.
- Design of electronic hardware and software for products with a focus on power systems
- Specification and analysis of motors for products.
- Production of specifications for new products including associated project plans and test programs.
- Supervision of other personnel including other engineers, apprentices and contractors.
- Undertaking of design reviews, audits and testing
- Generation of progress and other reports required by the Electronics Design Manager.
- Undertaking of project management and co-ordination duties as and when required.
- Minimum 5 years in industry since qualification undertaking design and development work.
- Proven experience working in a research field, with knowledge of the scientific method of investigation.
- Deep understanding of the fundamentals of electronics, power electronics and motor technologies.
- Practical experience of:
- Motor inverter design including thermal and EMC considerations.
- Analogue circuit design (e.g. signal amplification/conditioning).
- Motor specification and analysis.
- Motor control strategies including EMC and performance considerations.
- Software design using high level languages such as C or C++ for embedded microcontrollers.
- Device selection and datasheet analysis in order to find an optimal part considering potentially conflicting constraints.
- Knowledge of, or experience in the following fields would be desirable:
- Power electronics for both low-and high-voltage mains systems including silicon MOSFETs and emerging technologies such as GaN.
- Designs to meet internationally recognised approvals standards.
- Design for volume manufacture.
- Test automation / modelling using scripting languages such as python.
- CAD systems in particular DxDesigner / Pads.
Minimum 2:1 Hons Degree or equivalent in Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
Education to PhD level in a power electronics or motor control related discipline would be desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a world leading and large manufacturer who offer an excellent salary and package. For more information, please call Ben Hastings at Carbon60. 01329 227 002.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.