A Senior Sales Manager is required within a Defence Systems Technology Company. The Senior Sales Manager will report directly to the Managing Director and the successful candidate will deliver and develop a profitable sales region that will be assigned.
The Senior Sales Manager will also Lead the Internal Sales Team that support all our Regional Sales Managers to deliver International business growth for the company.
This role will suit a person that is looking to travel less than a normal Sales Management role as a large proportion of the Senior Sales Manager time will be spent running the Internal Sales Department in the Company Headquarters with some Local European Travel.
Responsibilities for the Senior Sales Manager
* Internal sales anchor, managing the activities of the internal team to support clients
* Produce quotations, report on existing order book and manage export licensing
* Keep the MD updated on sales activity and progress with regular reviews
* Ensure that the sales funnels, pipeline and CRM are always accurate and complete
* Work closely with the MD and Regional Sales Managers to prepare commercial bids
* Support and work closely with the existing Regional Sales Managers
* Lead the sales into the European sales region, being active to develop business
* Ensure strict compliance to the Export Licensing process
* Identify the decision makers and influencers to sales on major EU region projects
* Work closely with marketing team on advertising, PR, exhibitions within all regions
* Establish leading indicators and KPI's to effectively manage and report progress
* Work closely with New Product Development and Production Departments
* Contribute to the NPD process, market intelligence from other EU sales regions
Requirements for the Senior Sales Manager
* Honed communication, interpersonal skills and people management
* A successful record in business development within the Defence Sectors
* Key account management experience with a Proven commercial awareness
* Strong knowledge of Defence Market with competing or complementary products
* Utilisation of CRM systems, sales funnels and pipelines, including reporting
* Technical ability to liaise with clients to establish product needs
* Drive, energy and focus, highly organised and with very good people management
* A Strong relationship builder, combined with sound networking skills
* Responsive to changing priorities and demands
* Can do attitude - pragmatic problem solver - innovative and creative solutions
* Effective communicator at all levels including good presentation skills
* Strong team ethic, but comfortable working on their own
* Flexible and receptive to challenges and tight deadlines
* Attention to detail on admin, commercial and technical tasks
A very competitive salary package and exceptional commission scheme + very good benefits will be on offer for the successful Senior Sales Manager.