A Senior Systems Engineer is required by our client who design and manufacture flight deck avionics, data acquisition systems, instrumentation and life support equipment.
The Senior Systems Engineer will develop and implement structured engineering solutions to meet programme requirements, regulations and business needs.
Key responsibilities for the Senior Systems Engineer:
- Assisting in the conduct of trade studies to determine optimum system hardware and software architectures.
- Preparing Requirements Specifications for each hardware or software Configuration Item identified within the chosen architecture
- Preparing system test plans to adequately verify and validate system requirements at minimum life cycle cost
- Conducting Validation and Verification Activities as required to secure product acceptance
- Preparing Declarations of Design and Performance against Requirements Specifications
- Defining strategies in order to comprehensively review and exercise designs to detect defects and evaluate features in both development and manufacture.
- Generating, performing, approving and validating results of verification plans, test plans, analyses, test case design and other specific kinds of tests including flight tests, system tests, development tests, unit tests, component tests, integration tests, regression tests, stress tests, acceptance tests and qualification tests as appropriate.
- Where appropriate provide leadership and development of multi-disciplinary teams to meet the requirements of the business and its customers.
- Assisting the business as required in the formulation of engineering strategy and continual process improvement.
Key skills and competencies required:
- Experienced Systems Engineer
- Experience of Avionics or extensive safety critical industry experience
- Past experience as a Software or Hardware Engineer
- Experience of working on unit level equipment rather than whole aircraft or whole system based work
- Experience of design life cycle work on a product
- Experience of capturing system requirements and of validating and verifying that the system that has been produced as a result meets the original specification
- Experience of working with customers, suppliers, other engineering disciplines, quality, manufacturing and other company departments.