A Senior Systems Engineer is required to join the Engineering Team within a market leading Innovative Automotive Technology Company that specialise in manufactures of automotive Hi Tech instrument systems.
The Senior Systems Engineer will develop and implement structured engineering solutions to meet programme requirements across the whole development life-cycle in accordance with legislation, customer requirements, human factors, and business needs. Working in accordance with and delivering against agreed technical, quality, cost and schedule requirements.
The Relevant salary exceptions will be depicted D.O.E.
Senior Systems Engineer - Purpose and Key Responsibilities
- To provide the external/internal customers with a reliable technical point of contact
- Maintaining the internal and external requirement baselines and functional implementation
- To provide the internal customers with validated product requirements
- Understanding of the requirements and the resolution of customer queries
- Perform acceptance testing on software builds before distribution
- To verify the volume production software and correctly validate functional requirements
- Continually investigate processes and techniques relevant to the system engineering
- Responsible for tracking the external customer's technical requirements
- Responsible for reviewing the technical content of the external customer's specifications
- Responsible for the planning, design and implementation of Vehicle integration
- System integration and software test specifications
- Supervision of junior staff for specific short term activities including specification reviews
- Test specification preparation and test activities.
- Responsible for producing and maintaining the Systems Engineering timing plan
- Have a good understanding of the Systems Engineering discipline
Technical Skills and Experience required for Senior Systems Engineer
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Systems, Software or Electrical Engineering
- At least 3 - 5 year's experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of development work process and quality management
- Knowledge of recognised Automotive Standards preferred
- A proven track record of technical problem solving and customer negotiation
- Excellent technical knowledge with respect to Systems/Software Engineering
- Technical knowledge with respect to Systems Engineering would be an advantage
- A team player with excellent communication skills
**Basic Security Clearance may be required for this role and therefore only applications from candidates able to obtain this will be considered**