The candidate will work on a core team to manage supplier development initiatives in their geographical area. The focus will be on improving supplier quality, supplier on-time delivery, support supply chain strategies, etc.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Partner with key suppliers to pursue continuous improvement, problem solving, waste elimination with the objective of improving performance to the business units.
- Implement proactive and reactive strategies and tools to drive performance improvements in the supply base.
- Drive problem resolution process at supplier, incl. ability to lead problem solving teams.
- Provide supplier quality and delivery oversight, analysis, and performance tracking.
- Lead the implementation of quality clinics and supplier gold at suppliers.
- Perform capacity assessments at suppliers on behalf of the business units.
- Perform PPAP on site validation at suppliers.
- Develop and execute action plans to address opportunities in supply base.
- Analyze strategic quality and delivery performance data.
- Report results to the internal customers at various levels of the organisation.
- Involve internal customers in problem resolution when needed.
- Contribute to the advancement of tools and techniques in the Supplier Performance teams
- Proven experience minimum in manufacturing, quality or engineering.
- Certification in Six Sigma and/or Lean preferred but not essential.
- Significant experience in manufacturing and quality operations.
- Experience with assessing supplier capability, applying lean manufacturing and value stream mapping.
- Experience with Advanced Quality Planning tools (such as FMEAs, Control Plans, PPAPs, etc), and ability to assure implementation within the supply base.
- Experience with capacity analysis and production readiness tools.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and complete multiple projects and objectives, simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work under different timelines and to manage in parallel short term imperatives and long term strategies.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and ability to influence individuals and groups.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Experience with ISO-9001 and/or AS9100 requirements; QS9000, ISO13485, TS-16949, a plus.
- Knowledge of theory and application of statistical concepts.
- In depth knowledge of quality systems, policies, procedures, and ability to apply them to supplier requirements.
This job will be located in any UK supplier facility therefore frequent travel will be required to suppliers in the assigned area.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.