Morson are currently recruiting for a Supplier Program Manager to work with one of their prominent aerospace clients based in Yeovil, Somerset with an extensive amount of travelling within the UK.
The Supplier Program Manager will manage the UK supply chain for all of the clients programs.
- Responsible for integrated program schedules, data integration, tracking of delivery and quality performance.
- Address critical supply issues on complex programs and leads the supplier to develop Supplier Improvement Plans to improve supplier performance.
- Implementation of corrective action plans covering all areas of program responsibility.
- Establish KPIs to measure and monitor supply performance.
- Provide technical and business support to meet supplier performance targets.
- Provide data to support the communication of supplier performance, risks, issues and opportunities.
- Ensure strong customer relationships by responding to all customer requests and serving as the single point of contact for assigned program activities, status and problem resolution.
- Expert knowledge and proficiency with program management processes, methodology, and architecture.
- Applies and develops highly advanced job practices, techniques and standards.
- Specialised knowledge of aerospace, commercial or military, contracting and procurement requirements and an excellent understanding of manufacturing production processes.
- Proficient in the use of business applications software and the ability to use specialised project management applications.
- Skilled at communicating and presenting program information to various levels of management, customers & suppliers.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of complex supply issues.
- Develops solutions that are innovative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organisation objectives.
- Acts independently to uncover and resolve supply issues associated with designated suppliers. Work is checked only for the effectiveness of results obtained.
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results, reaching erroneous decisions / recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
- Interacts frequently with inter-organisational personnel, suppliers and external customers. Represents the organisation by providing solutions to complex technical supply issues associated with specific projects.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills: The Supplier Program Manager role requires frequent interchange of information and interaction with others. Hence, must be able to demonstrate excellent communication and team skills. Should enjoy and work well under pressure. Should have a flexible approach.
- Decision Making: Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities. Able to gather and interpret information.
- Supply Chain Strategies: Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of Supply Chain Strategies.
- Team Working: Demonstrates a strong team working ethic.
- Work Standards: Able to establish work procedures to achieve a high level of productivity. Able to overcome obstacles to completing tasks.
Qualified to degree level or equivalent
A minimum of 5 years working knowledge of the Aerospace Industry
Strong technical background in Supply Chain Management with Program Management experience.