The successful candidate will be the go-to technical resource for the sales team. You will drive and manage the technology evaluation stage of the sales process by providing outstanding customer service and training. You will train engineers at customer sites on how to use our client\'s software and be constantly in touch with the customers, always on hand to discuss and offer solutions for their pain points.
- Perform detailed technical analysis of customer applications, understanding customer pain points and offering solutions to aid the design process
- Look after the existing customers with the aim to expand and grow their accounts
- Address all product-related queries on time via telephone/e-mail, and support web portal, maintaining an excellent standard of customer services
- Travel up to 50% of the time to end users providing technical support and training for our client\'s products
- Technical correspondence between customer, engineering service and software groups
- Support our client\'s software applications through ideas generated from customer activity and market demands
- Clearly define the SW development requirements of each customer technical request and agree these with the customer
- Deliver training courses on our client\'s software to customers in the EU
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application
- Support events and conferences
Skills & Experience Required
The ideal candidate will have
- BEng (2:1 or higher) Mechanical engineering or other relevant discipline
- CAE experience to support mechanical design and optimisation
- High level of analytical ability and strong engineering judgment in developing solutions to engineering problems
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an understanding of customer needs
- Highly driven and self-motivated with an ability to deliver results within tight deadlines
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload under minimum supervision
- Good communicator, comfortable in front of customers and able to explain complex technical material (in English)
- Excellent ability and willingness to learn new skills
Who is the client?
They are a fast-growing company with offices all over the world. They develop the world\'s leading software for gearbox and drivetrain engineering, and count most major automotive, truck and off-highway vehicle companies, roller bearing manufacturers and tier-one gearbox suppliers as customers.
VHR is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.VHR is an international technical recruitment organisation providing world leading recruitment services and solutions to the Aerospace & Aviation, F1 & Automotive, Engineering & Defence and Marine industries around the world. For more jobs like this visit www.v-hr.com