A vacancy exists for a highly motivated Systems Engineer to support major upgrades to Tornado aircraft avionics.
The vacancy offers an exciting and challenging opportunity to be involved in the development and clearance of the future Tornado avionics system.
Key Responsibilities will include:
* Translation of the Customer Requirements into a high level specification for the Avionic element of the Weapon System.
* Production and Maintenance of Avionic Systems design, test requirements & clearance documentation.
* Assessment of the product to ensure compliance with the avionics Design.
* Support to life cycle, design and progress reviews.
* To assist in understanding the Customer requirements including the generation of feasibility study reports, specifications and technical definition documentation.
* Detailing of Qualification & Acceptance requirements
* Deliver the Weapon System level design deliverables Avionic System Requirements, System Requirements Specification, Design Concept Analysis, Functional Interface Control Documents, etc
* Allocate to hardware and software configured items where appropriate in order that an integrated design solution can be achieved.
* Test specification (Trials Requirements Document/Verification Goals) and support to rig & flight trials
* Systems certification activities
The successful candidates will have a degree, HND or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline. Experience in Avionics, Systems Test, Software Requirements or an equivalent is preferable. Knowledge of the Tornado avionic System, Mil Std 1553 databus or Virtual Applications Prototyping Systems would be an advantage. An understanding of the Systems Development Lifecycle is essential.
The successful candidate must; be able to work with minimal supervision, be pro-active, diligent, have strong team-working and communications skills and be committed to a delivery culture.
Provide inputs to the Lead Engineer to allow maintenance of applicable programmes. Provide accurate and timely business data as required.
Definition of the design and clearance process for the allocated package development and production activities.
Definition and maintenance of the aircraft requirement baseline for the allocated Package and where appropriate the concurrent activities, which impact on the Package baseline.
Support the WSS compliance process for allocated Package and where appropriate the concurrent activities which impact on the Package baseline.
Liaise with the other domain teams such that all deliverables are received within the required timescales and to an acceptable level of quality. Ensure that a friendly but effective relationship exists between the teams.
Prepare & maintain design, test and other relevant technical documentation. Analyse, investigate and answer problems/queries from the test & production departments and generate the appropriate certification paperwork.
Knowledge/experience of Data Link (Link 16) or equivalent systems plus weapon integration onto Fast Jets.
Technical Areas where experience is desirable; Tornado GR1/GR4 (or F3), Mil-Std-1553 Data Bus, Ethernet, Fast Jet HMI/Display moding, Navigation, Hardware/Software design/integration, Requirements Management Tools i.e. DOORS, UML
The individual should also have GOOD knowledge of the following Microsoft Excel, Word, power point. They should also have ESSENTIAL personal skills in; Communication, Team Working and motivation. They should also have a degree in engineering or equivalent.