Description of the Job:
A new role has been created for a Training Manager inside the HAPS (High Altitude Pseudo Satellite) Operations team to enable the team to deliver its Global Business Case. The scope of this role is to identify HAPS production training needs, secure suitable training delivery provisions and provide an end to end service delivery of new training and to maintain skills of the new HAPS production team.
The successful applicants will report to the Head of HAPS Production and join the TUMZM business unit in Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
Tasks & Accountabilities:
* Review HAPS technical data pack to identify production skills and competence and establish a training catalogue.
* Work with company and external service providers to identify training providers and suitable training assets for the modules in the training catalogue.
* In conjunction with HAPS Operations Manager deliver to the production team in line with business requirements.
* Maintain robust and detail training records and operations skills competence.
* Perform HAPS induction training to all new production team members.
* Demonstrate a best in class training system and results. ISO9001 minimum standard.
* Support the Operations Manager in dealing with any skills related to non-conformance and retraining.
* Maintenance of the production team Self Certification records / issuance of "stamps"
* Continuous Improvement of the HAPS training system
* Contribution to Problem Solving and corrective action activities of the HAPS program.
* Liaison with HR on succession planning for the production team
* Identify and deliver a suitable apprentice scheme to fulfil team requirements.
Essential Skills & Experience:
* Hands on experience delivering technical training.
* Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and interpret requirements into training needs.
* Ability to work flexibly as part of a team
* Quality conscious working method and organised approach to tasks.
* Enjoy using own initiative, working unsupervised and taking responsibility
* Enjoy providing technical input and advice to design teams and peers on training progress, issue and ideas for improvement.
* Able to coach and mentor new team members.
* Excellent IT Skills relevant for the post.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Aerospace production quality standards and training needs
* Quality department experience assessing production competence and issuing "stamps" to self-certified operations personnel
* Knowledge of CFRP production techniques / composite laminator / assembly operations.
* Degree Qualification in a mechanical, avionics or production engineering discipline
* Able to obtain UK SC Clearance