A vacancy for an Aero Connectivity Service IT Software Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse.
You will join Commercial Telecom Operations Department.
Fully integrated to Airbus Defense & Space - Connected Intelligence Business Line, Secure Communications designs, develops and operates communication services.
Main role of the job is to be a System & Software technical lead of the eBrokerage initiative, consisting in delivering commercial telecommunication satellite capacity Managed Services to Aircrafts.
The job owner will report to the Aero Service System Design Manager.
Together with the Head of System Design, the activity consists in setting up the future aero connectivity solution and services that will deliver High Throughput to A/C.
The job owner will be the technical expert to build and implement the solution and the bridging phase between legacy and target solutions.
He will strongly contribute to Airbus connectivity business growth.
This position will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Task & accountabilities:
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Assess the legacy solutions and specificities used by the different customers
• Design the target technical solutions that will fit the Aero connectivity market maturity and expected performance
• Implement and improve already deployed solutions (configuration, integration, validation and qualification of the solution)
• Define the value added services that are required to serve customers' needs
• Follow-up of technical roadmap and adaptation to upgrade internal products
• Following of technology evolution, standards conformance and obsolescence management.
• Participate into Mockups, demonstrations and Proof of Concepts
• Documentation (High and Low Level architecture documents, install and operation manuals, validation test reports, user guides)
• Process follow-up (Cost evaluation, Design Reviews, migrations and Move to Production phases?)
You have the following skills and experience:
• Educated to an Engineering degree (or equivalent) in Information Technology
• Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in integration of IT systems/services and software application development
• Knowledge and experience with dynamic technologies (Docker, Kubernetes) and automation
• Experience of traditional OS environments, virtualized systems (VMware) and Cloud platforms designs (AWS, Azure, Google)
•Software and database management (mySQL, MariaDB)
• Ability to develop using scripting (bash, powershell, pyhton?) with continuous development/DevOps processes.
• Ability to understand, review and modify existing software using standard coding languages (Java, C, .Net)
• Good understanding of customer terrestrial & satellite service market would be appreciated
• Technical Background in Terrestrial & Satellite Communications is a plus
• Large autonomy
• Ability to operate on multi-task environment, prioritize, take critical decisions
• Very good communication skills, highly-international environment
• Fluent French & English languages
The position may require some travels in Europe.