Description du poste
Description of Airbus UpNext
Founded in 2017, Airbus UpNext is actively shaping the future of aerospace by using flying demonstrators to evaluate, mature and validate new products and services.
Designed as a talent incubator, Airbus UpNext is a place where you can act and think like a startup while building on the strong expertise of Airbus, a place where you are empowered to challenge and test new processes and ways of working.
Our mission is:
- To identify the trends that could disrupt the future of the aerospace industry and evaluate them to demonstrate their potential as a viable product.
- To accelerate traditional research cycles and prototype development to achieve proof of concept in a real environment and at a convincing scale and speed.
- To develop real-world applications for emerging aerospace technologies, thereby driving their maturity and increasing their value.
To be THE reference for Technology Value Assessment
Our Values: #Keep it Simple #Act as one Team #Be Audacious
Our DNA: #Speed of Execution, #Bold Experimentation, #Outward Looking
As an R&T Electronic and System engineer (m/f), you will be part of the team in charge of developing an ambitious, futuristic and disruptive project on an advanced superconducting and cryogenic experimental powertrain in order to disrupt a hybrid/full electric propulsion system. It will be composed of a superconducting DC network with protections, a cryogenic motor drive, a superconducting electric motor and of a cryogenic system.
You are passionate about aeronautics, sciences and technologies, have a strong technical background and like to make yourself and test breakthrough technologies on concrete demonstrations. You like difficult challenges and are the type of person who thinks about ?how things can be done? rather than ?if they can be done?.
You will be part of an ambitious but flexible project execution with a diverse technical team, with partners from worldwide industry and academia, start-ups in a dynamic and emulating environment.
You work collaboratively, with humility and are a constant learner about how to improve your knowledge and the performance of yourself.
In close cooperation with the ASCEND experts and external partners, the R&T electronic and system engineer (m/f) will be a key actor of the team by:
? Designing, prototyping, integrating and testing electronic equipments and components (sensors, control/command calculators, electronic interfaces, cables...),
? Developing control/command software to command, control and protect components of the superconducting & cryogenic powertrain
? Manage the ?system? level like interfaces between components and test bench, provide failure analysis modes for all the demonstrator...
You will be responsible for:
- Proposing innovative conceptual design in collaboration with team and external partners
- Doing detail design
- Manufacturing of components (using internal means like 3d printers, fast prototyping lab or external suppliers)
- Integrating and testing prototypes in partial laboratory and on the cryo/superconducting powertrain test bench close to Munich
- Evaluating performances and potential of prototypes for propulsive application
- being the ?system? interface
- Identifying partners and developing partnerships
- Driving industrial and academic partners.
Your boarding pass
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate some or all of the following skills and competencies:
- Strong background in electronic and software engineering and have a relevant degree
- Proven experience in executing end-to-end projects in design, prototyping to integration of highly specialized electronic components, equipments and systems
- Experience in multidisciplinary technical activities (electrical, mechanical, thermal) from technology, design to prototyping and laboratory testing
- Experience and strong desire to build and test prototypes
- Experience in system analysis would be appreciate
- Experience in superconductivity, cryogenic, electrical engineering, aeronautic would be appreciate
- Well-built professional network within their domain of expertise, including academics, industrial players, consultants, entrepreneurs
- Demonstrated ability to reason rigorously about technology or business models at varying levels of abstraction.
- Highly motivated and fast understanding of new topics.
- Autonomy, Adaptability, Availability, Accountability
- Hands-on and solution oriented attitude
- Passionate about technology, on prototyping, science
- Delivering results under a tight schedule
- Sharing the values of transparency, courage, humility, empathy
- Willing to have fun.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.