Description du poste
Description of Airbus UpNext
Founded in 2017, Airbus UpNext is actively shaping the future of aerospace by using flying demonstrators to evaluate, mature and validate new products and services.
Designed as a talent incubator, Airbus UpNext is a place where you can act and think like a startup while building on the strong expertise of Airbus, a place where you are empowered to challenge and test new processes and ways of working.
Our mission is:
- To identify the trends that could disrupt the future of the aerospace industry and evaluate them to demonstrate their potential as a viable product.
- To accelerate traditional research cycles and prototype development to achieve proof of concept in a real environment and at a convincing scale and speed.
- To develop real-world applications for emerging aerospace technologies, there by driving their maturity and increasing their value.
To be THE reference for Technology Value Assessment
Our Values: #KeepItSimple #ActAsOneTeam #BeAudacious
Our DNA: #SpeedOfExecution, #BoldExperimentation, #OutwardLooking
As a Cryogenic power electronic R&T engineer (m/f), you will be part of the team in charge of developing an ambitious, futuristic and disruptive project on an advanced superconducting and cryogenic experimental powertrain for hybrid/full electric propulsion system. It will be composed of a superconducting DC network with protections, a cryogenic motor drive, a superconducting electric motor and of a cryogenic system.
You are passionate about aeronautic, sciences and technologies, have a strong technical background and like to make yourself and test breakthrough technologies on concrete demonstrations. You like difficult challenges and are the type of person who thinks about ?how things can be done? rather than ?if they can be done?.
You will be part of an ambitious but flexible project execution with a diverse technical team, with partners from worldwide industry and academia, start-ups in a dynamic and emulating environment.
You work collaboratively, with humility and are a constant learner about how to improve your knowledge and the performance of yourself.
As a Cryogenic power electronic R&T engineer (m/f), you will be part of the team in charge of designing, prototyping and testing a superconducting electric motor:
- Develop and characterize cryogenic/superconducting components (power module, drivers, sensors, inductances, capacitors, bus bars?)
- Simulate and design power electronic core,
- Design electronic hardware and EMC filters
- Design control/command software
- Prototype motor drive and integrate it in a cryogenic loop
- Integrate and test it in the cryo/superconducting powertrain
- Evaluate performances and potential of a cryo-inverter for propulsive application
Drive industrial and academic partners.
Note that the contract for this position is a CDIC (Contrat Durée Indéterminée de Chantier), limited term contract for the duration of the project (estimated 3 years).
Your boarding pass
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate some or all of the following skills and competencies:
- PhD in electronic/power electronic
- It will be appreciated:
- Experience in multidisciplinary technical activities (electrical, mechanical, thermal) from technology, design to prototyping and laboratory testing for aeronautic applications)
- Experience in electrical motors for automotive, railway and/or aerospace
- Experience in cryogenic power electronic state of the art and technologies usable for aeronautic applications
- Well-built professional network including academics, industrial players, consultants, entrepreneurs
- Demonstrated ability to reason rigorously about technology or business models at varying levels of abstraction.
- Autonomy, Adaptability, Availability, Accountability
- Hands-on and solution oriented attitude
- Passionate about technology, science
- Sharing the values of transparency, courage, humility, empathy
- Willing to have fun.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.