A vacancy for position of Designated Certification Specialist (DCS) for Flight Controls (m/f) (ATA27) has arisen within Airbus in Toulouse.
The jobholder will join Airbus Engineering, Systems Community, A/C Control domain. She / He will join a group of 15 persons composed of Designated Certification Specialists and V&V coordinators (6 persons being dedicated to ATA22/ATA27 certification).
Tasks & accountabilities :
The Job Holder will support all CERTIFICATION and AIRWORTHINESS activities for the Flight Controls in the frame of a given Airbus Program. (All programs are in the scope of the team)
More precisely, the main activities will consist in :
- to certify several modifications related to Flight Controls, ie to define the Certification Plan ( applicable rules , means of compliance ,schedule) , and to negotiate it with the airworthiness authorities (AA) in relation with the relevant Certification Manager
- to coordinate the various identified actors for the issuance of the means of compliance (MOC) such as designers , suppliers, test center, with an important link to operational actors such as pilots, due to Flight Controls specificities.
- to ensure that the milestones for certification , according to the program objectives, are fulfilled.
- to manage the interface with the Airworthiness Authorities (AA) during all the certification process allowing them to assess the airworthiness of a modification, with the Flight and the Avionic panels as the main interlocutors.
- in the frame of the continuous airworthiness assessment of the in service aircraft (Occurrences follow up), the DCS will lead, in close cooperation with the designers, the potential safety issues and he will elaborate the relevant preventive and corrective actions on due time.
- The DCS will lead on his ATA the interface with the Airworthiness Authorities during Airworthiness Review Meetings, during where these safety issues are presented to the Authorities.
- The DCS will also contribute in collaboration with the safety organization to the safety analysis of the system (Functional Hazard Analysis (FHA), System Safety Assessment (SSA) ,Common Mode analysis (CMA), Master Minimum Equipment List (MMEL))
- To contribute to operational certification
This position in an innovative and challenging environment offers an exclusive opportunity to develop your assertivity and team spirit. A long term multi-disciplinary development can be proposed in the domain from systems to handling qualities, control laws and actuators. This position due to its relationship with II and Programs offers a good visibility.
This experience will open definitely various professional opportunities inside Engineering but also in Customer services, Programmes, Procurement.
You will have the following skills and experience:
-At least 5 years experience in one of the following : system safety, system certification and qualification, auto flight system development.
- An experience in System physical architecture and integration, and engineering.
- Ability to Communicate and Influence
- Soft skills such as : convince, team spirit, trust
- Negociation level in English
- Intermediary level in french