Description du poste
vacancy for an Electronic Development Responsible for Electric Propulsion (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse. You will join the ?Electric propulsion Major Spacecraft Component Department? reporting to the head of department.
Electric Propulsion (EP) is a growing domain for which Airbus is today the worldwide leader through application on scientific, Telecom and constellation programs.
You will be responsible for leading all the development activities related to an EP Power Processing Unit (PPU): management, planning, industrial setup, costs, and qualification for next generation Telecom Satellites.
Joining us is a guarantee to belong to an organization where creativity to think and design future programs meets outstanding Engineering excellence on a dedicated number of technical fields.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
You will be in charge of the following main activities:
- Be accountable for PPU On-Quality, On-Time, On-Cost qualification and delivery,
- Define and set-up the appropriate development plan and industrial scheme,
- Be in charge of PPU specification and validate the compliance to the technical specification,
- Ensure PPU adequacy with system need through very close coordination with system & integration teams,
- Manage interface with satellite customer for PPU & system reviews : progress meetings, technical meetings and qualification reviews,
- Manage product development cycle leading all development reviews (PDR, CDR, MRR, QR?) with the supplier,
- Manage Non Conformances of the product.
Business travels can be expected (once a month) in Europe at Supplier/manufacturing premises and consequently, you must be able to travel accordingly.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to Master degree level (or equivalent) in Electronics or a related discipline,
- 3 to 5 years of experience in electronic development,
- Knowledge of Project management and system engineering,
- An Electric Propulsion background would be a plus,
- Ability to interface with different technical areas e.g. mechanical/thermal/electrical/functional, systems,
- Rigorous, good communication and synthesis skills,
- Ability to work within a team environment,
- Language skills: advanced level English.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.