We are looking for an End to End Telecom Satellite System Engineer (m/f) to join the telecom end to end performances team (TSTST) at AIRBUS DEFENCE & SPACE based in TOULOUSE (Palays). You will be in charge of providing support to the telecom satellite projects and bids for which telecom system analyses are required.
Depending on projects and of bids, some business trips may be required (typ. 1 or 2 days for instance in customer premises).
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
The tasks to be performed will depend on the satellite projects and bids. The tasks will include:
The type of satellite projects for which such Telecom System support is requested can be any type of telecom systems.
To perform your mission, you will get the support of the telecom experts within the Telecom Satellite Systems Projects group and of the simulation & optimization team. You will also have to interface with the project team members and more particularly with the payload, antenna and satellite engineers.
Technical skills required
- Masters degree of Engineering in radio communications systems
- An experience of minimum 3 years in the engineering and sizing of radio communications systems or services is required as well as an experience in satellite telecommunications
- Telecommunications systems engineering
- Digital radio communications
- Link budgets
- System simulation & associated tools
- Knowledge and development of scripts in different languages such as Python, C and Shell.
- The knowledge of satellite communications standards (DVB-S2, DVB-RCS2, ?) would be appreciated
- Ability to work in bid situation, with some periods of higher intensity during fi- nalization of proposals or some customer negotiation phases.
- Flexibility and ability to work in multi-national teams
- Good reporting skills (both technical and work progress)
- Ability to interface with customers
- Advanced level of English (written and spoken)