Description du poste
A position for a F&DT Engineer - Airframe Fatigue Solutions (m/f) has arisen in Airbus in Toulouse.
Our missions and activities:
In the Advanced Stress & Design applications subdomain of the Airframe Competence Centre, the department Fatigue Airframe Stress Solutions is responsible for the development of A/C level- and detail solutions for fatigue and damage tolerance, spectra, sensitivity studies.
The team main activities are:
- A/C fatigue spectra
- Airframe F&DT sensitivity studies
- F&DT Methods & Directives: definition, support on application, guidance
- Test & In-Service, Diversification: Analysis of complex in-service findings, specify, collect & interpret A/C Fleet survey data, F&DT Major and component test steering; F&DT coupon tests definition and -evaluation
- Airframe Fatigue Twin: Develop capabilities in micro services platform for fast & flexible A/C level F&DT assessment and for zooming low margin areas to support the implementation of the Airbus Digital Strategy
Why join us?
Do you love to assume, understand and interpret the real usage of an aircraft during its life and its impact on the structure and its maintenance?
Would you like bringing 30 years old science into digital word?
Do you want to have a global insight of the whole airframe on the complete Airbus Family?
This is what you will get (and much more!) by joining our highly motivated transnational team!
You will report directly to the Tech Centre Leader.
You will be responsible of:
- Developing technical solutions, apply existing methods and tools and develop new ones where needed
- Performing parametric studies
- Running trade studies to support chief engineering decisions
- Delivering F&DT engineering data to support fast certification of derivative A/C
- Ensuring compliance with internal guideline and processes.
- Ensuring Verification and validation of technical solutions.
- Delivering innovative maintenance programme solutions and inputs
- Specifying, collect & interpret A/C Fleet survey data
- Developing, collect, attribute and validate A/C fatigue referential data
- Supporting to develop & maintain the AF-Twin ICT platform and architecture
- Delivering ready-to-use A/C structure capability assessment packages
- Maintaining close collaboration with peers, mainly specific design teams, flight physics, certification office, structures experts
You have the following required competences and experience:
- Engineer in aerospace or structural mechanics
- At least 2 years of experience in stress analysis engineering
- Experience in F&DT is a strong plus.
- Good understanding of aircraft components and stress analysis methods
- Strong networking capabilities
- Readiness for transnational work
- Ability to work responsibly and autonomously, in a self-organized style
- Negotiation level in English
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.