A great opportunity for a job of Flight Management System (FMS) operational design and validation (m/f) has arisen in Airbus Toulouse.
Do you have a general systems related background (e.g. design office, laboratory, in-service support, training, etc) and Flight Management/Operations experience?
Are you motivated to grow and apply your systems, cockpit and airline operational knowledge? Do you want to drive the operational design, validation & verification of new FMS developments?
Do you feel like being at the heart of the action, to discover AIRBUS Flight Management Systems from the inside?
=> Join the Flight Management System (FMS) design office team: we have *multiple* *large* *multi-program* *developments* planned over the next several years, so we need you?now!
You will join the FMS design office that is responsible for the development of the Flight Management and Airport Navigation systems on all Airbus Single Aisle, Long Range, A380, A350, A400M and A330MRTT aircraft.
You will be responsible for a wide range of FMS design/development tasks that cover the full product lifecycle including specification, development, modification, in-service support and research that utilise and build on your existing systems and Flight Management/Operations background.
These tasks can include:
- Liaising with our internal customers and stakeholders to understand and address FMS development requests. In particular, ensuring that operational aspects are fully considered, applied in design and validated with our operational stakeholders (e.g. flight test and training pilots, customer support, in-service support specialists, etc).
- Specifying new Flight Management functions & incremental improvements.
- Specifying and managing projects, development activities and Verification & Validation activities (including laboratory, ground & flight test).
- Supporting design process improvements.
- Supporting all related safety & certification activities.
- Managing the associated suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Contributing to in-service support.
The final mix of the above tasks will be tailored based on your competencies, aspirations, and of course on our project needs.
You will therefore have a large and rewarding number of interfaces including major multi-national suppliers, other aircraft system teams, laboratory and flight test teams, civil and military aircraft programs, safety, certification, airworthiness, customer support, etc. This requires your ability to work and prioritise flexibly as part of large transnational teams; your technical rigour, ability to persuade & influence, and your good project management capabilities.
You will be in the innovative, challenging, visible and multicultural heart of the Airbus systems design office in Toulouse. This offers great opportunities for you to develop your technical, project management & customer interface skills; to apply your creativity and team spirit; to contribute to team well-being; to boost your career within Airbus!
You will have the following skills and experience:
- An aeronautical/ systems/ avionics engineering degree (or equivalent), and ideally experience in one or more of the following areas:
-- Flight Management / guidance & control design and support
-- Systems software / hardware specification and development
-- Flight Physics
-- Big Data & Digitalization
- Your curiosity and appetite for complex function and system development.
- Your ability to learn continuously, your autonomy, your sense of prioritization and ability to take a step back and drive the bigger picture.
- Your ability to work with proactivity, flexibility and assertiveness to strict timescales as part of an integrated multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent communication, persuasion & influencing skills, decision making ability, and a pro-active approach to problem solving.
- A willingness to learn and openness to change, new methodologies & technologies
- The willingness to occasionally travel both nationally & internationally.
- Knowledge of airline and cockpit systems flight operations and support would be a valuable asset.
- A negotiation level in English.
- A negotiation level of French is desirable.