Description du poste
A vacancy for a GNSS Algorithm and Performance Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse. You will join the Air Traffic Management and Navigation department within the « Engineering / Upstream Ground Systems » division of Space Systems.
You will join a team of highly qualified navigation engineers covering a large spectrum of expertise in complex GNSS systems such as the definition and validation of the main EGNOS v3 subsystem.
You will contribute to the overall performance analysis of the CPF (Central Processing Facility) and of the ICF (Integrity Chain Facility) and their respective algorithms. You will also participate to the specific design of CPF/ICF algorithms, in particular the algorithms responsible for the integrity of the SBAS (Satellite Based Augmentation System) message.
Since 2018, Airbus Defence and Space is the prime contractor for the European Space Agency (ESA) and the European Commission (EC) on the EGNOS project. Join us to address today's and tomorrow's GNSS challenges, interfacing with the main institutional GNSS players and final users evolving within a transnational environment!
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Analyse customer requirements and provide technical justification,
- Design and prototype algorithms focusing on SBAS integrity,
- Perform specific studies and trade-offs on algorithms and performance topics,
- Understand and integrate algorithms within the CPF design,
- Understand architecture constrains in particular for real-time and safety,
- Ensure evolution of the algorithms and continuity of the global performance,
- Interface with our ESA customer and other internal or external partners,
- Support people involved in the EGNOS project on algorithms and performance,
- Contribute to the future innovation and/or large navigation projects (R&D, Call for Tender).
You will be involved from EGNOS/CPF design up to its final qualification during large test campaigns using dedicated high-end simulators and platform.
This role will involve some travel for business in Europe and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
You have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to Engineering degree or equivalent (Master) or PhD in general engineering, signal processing, GNSS, applied mathematics or space systems,
- Knowledge of satellite orbit modelling and satellite clock modelling/determination,
- Knowledge of SBAS performances (availability, continuity, accuracy, integrity),
- Knowledge of Estimation filter (least square filter, Kalman filter) and stochastic modelling,
- Knowledge of Satellite Navigation Systems and signals (GPS, EGNOS, GALILEO),
- Knowledge of GNSS systems, on the users, space and ground systems side,
- Knowledge of system engineering design methods : V-cycle, Agile, Scrum,
- Knowledge of simulation tools: Matlab/Simulink,
Experience in programming language (Python, C/C++, ?),
- Understanding of real-time and embedded development constraints,
- Strong interest for innovation, autonomy and dynamism,
- Ability to handle complex situations,
- Language: negotiation level English.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.