Description du poste
A new job opportunity for a GNSS R&D Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse. You will join the Air Traffic Management and Navigation department within the « Engineering / Upstream Ground Systems » division of Space Systems.
You will join a team of highly qualified navigation engineers covering a large spectrum of expertise in complex GNSS systems. The department, already well established on navigation activities (EGNOS v3 which improves performances and integrity to the users) is now expanding on other navigation and SBAS related systems as well as on innovative R&D and R&T projects.
You will lead advanced R&D Projects aiming to answer the different proposals and advanced phases of the current and next Airbus navigation projects such as EGNOS next, EGNOS Export, Railway or GALILEO.
Since 2018, Airbus Defence and Space is the prime contractor for the European Space Agency (ESA) and the European Commission (EC) on the EGNOS project. Join us to address today's and tomorrow's GNSS R&D and R&T challenges!
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Lead technical proposals for future navigation projects related to GNSS, SBAS,
- Analyse customer needs and requirements,
- Provide expertise on technical aspects related to algorithms and system performance,
- Build offer within the frame of Call For Tender,
- Investigate future offers of your main customer (ESA, EU, GSA, Railway etc?),
- Develop partnership with other companies working with Airbus,
- Perform specific studies and trade-offs on algorithms and performance topics,
- Ensure evolution of the algorithms and continuity of the global performance,
- Participate to the Navigation R&D roadmap,
- Contribute to the early phase of ongoing projects,
- Propose innovative concepts and applications,
- Bring expertise on algorithms and performance in operational projects like EGNOS,
- Interface with our ESA customer and other internal or external partners.
This role will involve some travel for business in Europe and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
You have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to Engineering degree or equivalent (Master) or PhD in general engineering, signal processing, GNSS, applied mathematics or space systems,
- At least 5 years experience in navigation systems (GPS, Galileo or SBAS),
- Expertise in satellite orbit modelling and satellite clock modelling/determination,
- Expertise in SBAS performances (availability, continuity, accuracy, integrity),
- Expertise in Estimation filter (least square filter, Kalman filter) and stochastic modelling,
- Experience in ESA or large navigation project,
- Mastering of GNSS integrity techniques, and statistical data analysis,
- Knowledge of overall navigation ground systems architecture,
- Expertise in Satellite Navigation Systems and signals (GPS, EGNOS, GALILEO),
- Solid expertise on GNSS systems, on the users, spatial and ground systems side,
- Knowledge of system engineering design methods : V-cycle, Agile, Scrum,
- Solid expertise of simulation tools: Matlab/Simulink,
Experience in programming language (Python, C/C++, ?),
- Understanding of real-time and embedded development constrains,
- Strong interest for innovation and R&D, autonomy and dynamism,
- Ability to handle complex situations,
- Language: negotiation level English.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.