A vacancy for an MBSE Systems Engineer (h/f) has arisen within Airbus Defense & Space in Toulouse. You will join the TESUE engineering organisation.
Do you have initial experience in systems engineering?
Does the space sector fascinate you and do you want to become a player in this unique adventure?
Are you ready to take on challenges that have never been tackled before?
Is complexity more part of your day-to-day wellbeing rather than a source of fear?
Then come join our teams!
The ground segments that we design, develop and deploy around the world ensure the interface for and optimal use of space systems. They play an ever more pivotal role. The innovative systems on which we work combine cloud and Big Data revolutions with skills in telecommunications, image processing, navigation and even mission planning.
Within our Ground Segments Engineering and Integration department in Toulouse (TESUE), you will be involved in setting up processes, methods and tools for model-based system engineering (MBSE). You will work according to the opportunities that arise on behalf of operational projects, or work in the context of responses to calls for tender or even internal R&D. You will be at the heart of systems engineering making it possible to meet functional requirements in terms of performance, security and safety and dependability. These areas make it possible to obtain a relatively wide understanding of ground systems (multi-centre architectures, operational system scenarios, external interfaces, overall performances and apps for function: mission, image, satellite control centres, etc.) to, over time, move onto a role as a systems manager or team leader for a ground systems project.
This position will require security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognised authorities.
Task & accountabilities :
The main activities in the scope of operational projects or responses to calls for tender are as follows:
- Analysing customer needs, setting up and adapting model-based engineering methods to the specificities of the project, in collaboration with the project teams,
- Providing your support to the project teams in analysis and systems modelling, carrying out operational analyses and functional analyses, and developing architectures and data models,
- Coordinating engineering work with sub-systems architects and interfacing with internal customers,
- Contributing to the definition of the technical architecture of ground systems, with the support of experts in the fields (hardware and software architectures, networks, security, etc.),
- Providing support and assisting with MBSE projets, providing training to project teams,
- Capitalising on and improving MBSE methods and engineering tools,
- Contributing to R&D and improvement activities within the department, particularly in the field of systems engineering, its methods and tools.
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.